Blog Archive: Check out the posts you've missed!

Friday, June 21, 2013

Man of Steel Prequel/Tie-In Comic (extremely minor spoilers)

So, I didn't even know of its existence until after I saw Man of Steel, but apparently there was a "Man of Steel" prequel/tie-in comic released at some point (I guess DC decided that if Marvel can do it, so can they. Or maybe it hasn't been released yet. From my exhaustive research - aka Google - it appears that it will be a digital comic associated with pre-ordering Man of Steel on blu-ray from Wal-Mart. So...I will be doing that. Man, this is a long parenthesis.) From what I can tell, the most relevant thing that happens is that it shows Kara Zor-El (Supergirl) was in the ship that Kal-El finds during the movie (covered in ice) and she survived, revived, and left (remember that empty pod chamber he sees after seeing the dead guy?) So, basically, Supergirl exists in the new DC Cinematic Universe. You can check out a panel of the comic below.

I don't know if this photo is photoshop, cosplay, or a combination, but I would love for a good strong, sexy Supergirl like this to be in a future film. The old Supergirl from the '80s was just awful, and 2012's Dredd proved to me that you can have a lead female character be strong, self-sufficient, and sexy without objectifying or degrading her. (Please, DC, cast a woman who can act! No more Jessica Albas or Megan Foxes, please.)



Here's a little more info about the comic.

No comments:

Post a Comment