Monday, May 13, 2013

Renaming the MCU


At what point do we stop using "MCU" to refer to this reality? Never?

Now don't get me wrong here, I'm not mad or upset or blah blah blah about this, just something I'm curious about. They called it "Marvel Cinematic Universe" when it all took place in the cinema. Now there are movies, short films, novels, video games, comic books, and now a TV show all sharing this continuity. Which is awesome, don't get me wrong. But at what point does "MCU" become inadequate as a title? I mean, sure, we could call it the official designation of "Earth-199999" or whatever that number is (apologies if I'm incorrect) but nobody wants to do that.

So offer your suggestions, what should the new "nickname" for this Universe be?

While I'm at it, I wonder what other mediums they could bring in, just to make it even more expansive and awesome. I was thinking about how back in the day, all stories were heard on radio. Now it'd probably be a pain in the Palladium to do that today, but what about a Podcast? Like, a SHIELD news bulletin podcast? Giving updates on various happenings in the Universe, that can be explored further in other media. Am I the only one that thinks that would be cool?


No comments:

Post a Comment