Thursday, March 21, 2013

An Interesting Observation about Iron Man 3

So I've noticed something about Iron Man 3 that I'm pretty happy about.

Remember last summer, when ridiculous amounts of footage for Avengers and Spider-Man was being released week after week? I'm pretty sure that before the releases, at least half an hour of each film was available in some format online. In the case of TASM, much of it was stuff that wasn't in the final film, part of the whole they-didn't-make-the-movie-they-advertised complaint a lot of people (myself included) had. But that's not for this post.

The point of this post is that Iron Man 3 is only 6 weeks away, and there has been hardly any footage released. There have been a few different versions of basically one trailer, mainly focusing on the idea that this is post-avengers and tony's not feeling great, and there's a second trailer that shows us that there's a ton of armors. But that's about it. No full clips, no ridiculous amounts of trailers, just a few videos. And I like that. I like that I don't know too much about this movie already, that I'm going to be learning a lot about it while I'm watching it. And I'm even one of the guys that searches for spoilers, and yeah I've found quite a few, but I still feel like I don't know much about what the movie is going to be. Just something neat that I noticed.



If you noticed all the armors in the second trailer and are wondering about them, check this out (some spoilers):

Now that that's over, SPOILERS! Stop reading (and go comment) if you don't want to see!



.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

_______________________________________________________________

THE FOLLOWING TEXT MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS! IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO SEE SAID SPOILERS, STOP READING THIS ARTICLE NOW! BUT PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT! I'LL LEAVE A BUFFER ZONE BETWEEN THE SPOILERS AND THE END OF THE ARTICLE.

SPOILER

Pepper suits up in the film. In the comics, this character (Pepper in armor) was called "Rescue." Not sure how much they're doing it in the film, but they wanted to expand on Pepper's character and put her in armor, so that's happening. Also, if you haven't yet looked at the armor explanations (link above), included is the hulkbuster armor (supposedly commissioned by Ross) and an armor based on the Destroyer (Stark apparently stole SHIELDS info about it) as an Asgardian-defense armor. And some type of armor inspired by/in memory of Happy (who apparently dies in this movie). And also Deep Space armor, which will probably lead into Guardians of the Galaxy.

Oh, and I read some comment by either the director (Shane Black) or the pres. of Marvel (Kevin Feige) that the rings are just rings. No cool powers, no hidden meanings, no anything. Just bling. Which, to be honest, is disappointing, but hopefully they'll make it work.


END OF SPOILERS. NOW TO SET A BUFFER ZONE.

.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
LEAVE A COMMENT!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only seen iron man 2 but this makes me want to watch all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I love me a kick ass girl who will suit up!

    ReplyDelete