Friday, August 9, 2013

Chicago Comic Con: Day 1

My first day at my first con!

I had a few programs on my schedule, but my main goal for the day was pretty simple: explore. I wanted to check out what booths were where, where the photo rooms were, and where the seminar rooms were.

I managed to pass all of them, but after moving past the seminar rooms early on, I never found them again.

I spent nearly three hours on the main level, buying up toys after toys and piling the bags up my arm. I had packed pop tarts, granola bars, and bottles of water, along with various device chargers and a power strip, but never stopped moving long enough to use anything.

After the main level, I found the way down to the artists alley. Not much as I was interested in buying here, but this is where the photo booths were, and though I didn't pose with him, i saw Lou Ferrigno, the Hulk himself, in person!

After exploring a bit more, and not being able to relocate the seminar rooms, i decided that 20 action figures, an indigo lantern ring, and a deadpool button were enough for my first day, and headed out to attempt to find my car.

I made mental notes of booths to check back at tomorrow, to buy even more toys, and vehicles like the batmobile and mystery machine to pose with when my girlfriend finally joins me on Sunday.

Tomorrow is Stan Lee day, when I'll get an autograph, a photo, and, if I can find the room, attend a seminar of his.

I also have tickets to pose with Allison Mack, Michael Rosenbaum, and Sara Underwood, and I'm hoping to pose with Summer Glau as well, and get as many autographs as possible!

Most interesting costume I saw today: a ghostbuster with a light saber.

No comments:

Post a Comment