Sunday, January 24, 2016

Charn (Part I)

Hey all

So this it totally not related to anything comic book or movie or anything.

This is me shamelessly plugging my own story that I'm working on, "Charn"



Charn is intended to be the story of the city of Charn, introduced in C.S. Lewis' book "The Magician's Nephew" as the birthplace of Jadis, the White Witch, and a title character of his more famous book "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe." My story will also detail the origin of Jadis, and the path that led her to where she is when first introduced in the Narnia series.

As an added, twist, my story will show the origins of Charn and Jadis' bloodline as coming from the land of Oz, most well known from L. Frank Baum's "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz" and its many, many adaptations.

My goal is to bridge these two fantasy worlds together into one larger story, using Charn as the connective tissue.

If that sounds interesting to you at all, check out the first section, connecting Oz to Charn. Some of the characters here are from the second Oz book, "The Marvelous Land of Oz" as well as those from the first book "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz."

No comments:

Post a Comment